• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between using the: if(bInit == false){} & nState

Hi,

Is there a difference between using the: if(bInit == false){}
    vs using the if (nState == BARSTATE_ALLBARS) { }
    as I understand it both are limited to "the bars are being loaded by the script".
    Thank you for any help.

Wayne

Re: difference between using the: if(bInit == false){} & nState

Wayne
    Yes there is. See my reply and example posted in this thread
    Alex

Originally posted by waynecd
    Hi,

Is there a difference between using the: if(bInit == false){}
    vs using the if (nState == BARSTATE_ALLBARS) { }
    as I understand it both are limited to "the bars are being loaded by the script".
    Thank you for any help.

Wayne

Comment

Thanks Alex,

I'll study your sample script. I am trying to reduce eSignal lag by programming more efficiently and eliminating redundant/unnecessary calculations.

It seems that BARSTATE_ALLBARS may be more efficient since it doesn't compound at each refresh. (not sure I know what that implies yet but it will likely be more clear once I study your example.

Thanks again.

Wayne

Comment

Hi Alex,

1. Does a study initialized in the bInit routine compound when the chart is refreshed via Ctrl+OK or only if it has a sum statement like the "Counter++" statement in your example?

2. When if ever is it appropriate to initilize a study (built-in or custom) within the "if(getBarState()==BARSTATE_ALLBARS){" statement as opposed to the bInit routine?

3. Do you have a link to tutorial 5 (Accessing Chart Data). It is referenced at the end of Tutorial 4?

Thanks Alex, help from the forums make a huge difference.

Wayne

Comment

Wayne

1. Does a study initialized in the bInit routine compound when the chart is refreshed via Ctrl+OK or only if it has a sum statement like the "Counter++" statement in your example?

2. When if ever is it appropriate to initilize a study (built-in or custom) within the "if(getBarState()==BARSTATE_ALLBARS){" statement as opposed to the bInit routine?
          Again review the post I linked in my previous reply

3. Do you have a link to tutorial 5 (Accessing Chart Data). It is referenced at the end of Tutorial 4?
          To my knowledge Tutorial 5 does not exist. As a matter of fact I believe that the reference you mention was removed from a subsequent revision of Tutorial 4
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X